Recipe: Protein Pancakes
No, this is not a trick. You can have pancakes for breakfast and still eat clean. Hear me out. Protein-packed banana pancakes spiked with your favorite protein powder. Swag right!? Now let’s get cooking.
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 banana
- 1 shot of Dymatize ISO100 protein (cinnamon bun mmm….)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil (optional)
- Beat egg whites and egg with a pinch of sea salt until they are fluffy and almost appears like a foam. This can take about 5 or 6 minutes if doing it by hand (look at it this way, you’ll burn a bunch of calories in the process).
- Smash the banana almost into a paste and combine with eggs. Make sure to mix it together very well (If you feel like being lazy, pull out the electric mixer).
- Slowly add the protein powder to the egg/banana mixture. Then add the baking powder and mix thoroughly. If you find that the mixture is too thick, you can add a small amount of water or another egg white.
- Now, pullout the skillet (non-stick, unless you are some kind of cooking pro), set the flames to medium-high heat and spray with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Once the skillet is hot, add 1-3 tablespoon of batter (or however big you want your pancakes) to the skillet. Cook for approximately 1 minute. After about 1 minute, flip the pancake using a spatula, cover and cook for an additional 45 seconds.
Keep doing this until all the batter is gone! Do not waste any precious batter (protein).
Lastly, top with your favorite healthy syrup or more protein (peanut butter) and consume.
Get 15% Off Your Next Order
Join The Stroops Community to receive the latest articles, workouts and promos for stroops.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Basic battle rope overviewBattle ropes are fun tool to mix into your training, whether you’re trying to use them for whole body conditioning or the arm and shoulder workout of a lifetime. However, you are limited to a few basic...
Are you looking to shake up small group training without adding a ton of bulky equipment? Stroops has created a line of high quality small group training anchors that are portable and more fun than typical systems.
What are the best lower body resistance band moves for beginners? These simple and effective exercises are great for those embarking on their fitness journey.
Meet the Stroops Cardio Lineup Cardiovascular exercise is a key component of overall health and fitness, allowing your body to better process oxygen while growing your endurance and conditioning capabilities. Whatever your goals,...